Fashionistas and cake lovers are invited to enjoy an afternoon tea with a high fashion twist at the Conrad St James.
The ever-changing face of fashion provides inspiration for the Conrad Catwalk afternoon tea, a beautiful tea that draws on elegant canapés and light bites to create a delicious journey through the eras of fashion.
- Musing over fashion luminaries such as British icon, Vivienne Westwood, guests will be treated to a punk marshmallow teacake with cherry marshmallow in a pineapple crisp shell.
- Renowned as one of the most timeless patterns in fashion, the stripe appears as layers of white and dark chocolate mousse on caramel biscuit pearls – a twist on Jean Paul Gautier’s signature monochrome flair.
- Chanel’s eponymous classic style, personified by Audrey Hepburn, is symbolised with ruffles and pearls – a cassis mouse with marbled chocolate wafer.
- The Polka Dot Shot, meanwhile, is a tangy and delicious lime posset with passionfruit, blackberry and yoghurt cake.
- Bites of delicate savoury morsels designed to tempt the palate include beetroot wafers, smoked mackerel with horseradish, cherry tartin with onion confit and beetroot caviar.
The Conrad Catwalk afternoon tea is available until 4 April at £65 per person with free flowing Champagne, or £39 per person without the bubbles.
Call 0203 301 8080 for reservations.
For more upcoming events, pick up a copy of Good Things magazine. To download a digital copy click here or buy in store at select Waitrose and Tesco stores, WHSmith High Street, WHSmith Travel, Wholefoods, Marks and Spencer and News on the Wharf.