Add a piri-piri kick to your usual Sunday roast with this sumptuously spicy mini roast beef.
For the beef:
• 1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside roasting roast)
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the piri-piri glaze:
• 30ml/2tbsp runny honey
• 15ml/1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
• 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
• 15ml/1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 10ml/2tsp dried mixed herbs
• 5ml/1tsp ground paprika
1 To prepare the glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
2 Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
3 Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint, season and brush with the glaze. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4 Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5 Slice the roast and serve with any pan juices, potato wedges and yogurt and sweet chilli dip.
Recipe courtesy of Ladies in Beef. See here for more.