Battersea Park’s scenic café and restaurant, Pear Tree Cafe, have brought back their delicious Winter Dinners In The Park
Throughout November and December they will be hosting guest chefs, including Olia Hercules and Dor Harel, as well as putting on special seasonal nights themselves from grouse to truffles and a Christmas feast.
As the weather gets colder, wander through the falling leaves before entering the warm and cosy candlelit cafe and tucking into exquisite dishes embracing various cuisines including Georgian, vegan Israeli and British.
Opened by Annabel Partridge and Will Burrett in Autumn 2016, Pear Tree Cafe evokes endless charm, offering beautiful views across the boating lake – which makes it the perfect setting for an atmospheric winter dinner.
1 Dor Harel – Wednesday 29th November
An Israeli chef with one of the best palettes around, Dor Harel has created Adama, a Plant Powered Vegan Pop-up. Having worked at some top kitchens around the world in locations including Tel-Aviv, Sydney, Amsterdam and London, where he worked at Skye Gyngell’s Spring,
• Green and yellow pea falafel
• Roasted English roots with fava and fermented chilli paste
• Winter pakora with preserved lemon chutney
• Herts and Essex roasted quince
• Winter nut crumble with cardamom ‘Mylk’ for pudding
2 Olia Hercules – Thursday 14th December
Originally from South Ukraine, Olia Hercules, named the Observer Rising Star of 2015, moved to Cyprus when she was 12 years old before finally settling in London when she left school. The first part of her life really influenced her cooking style, flavour combinations and ingredients used which can be seen in her four course Georgian-inspired supper club.
• Sourdough with mint adjika, home-made curd cheese and sharon fruit
• Pumpkin cooked in walnut sauce on a bed of polenta
• Fermented vegetable plate with thinly sliced raw onion and unrefined Ukrainian sunflower oil and Ossetian pie stuffed with beet tops cooked in garlic butter with crumbled feta and ogleshield
• Blood orange, pomegranate and rosemary jelly
3 Christmas Dinner In The Park, Wednesday 6th December,
Enjoy a three course dinner full of festive flavours that kindle those warming feelings and excitable moods.
• Partridge and porcini croquettes with fig mustard jam and watercress
• Roast hake with smashed pumpkin, datterini tomatoes and marjoram
• Slow-cooked beef cheek with cippolini onions, polenta and gremolata
• Chocolate sabayon tart with persimmon and crème fraiche
Make it happen
Where: Lakeside Cafe Battersea Park SW11 4NJ
Tickets: Starting from £29. To book tickets to any either call 0207 978 1655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org