Geir suggests simply enjoying Heavy Water neat, served on the rocks. But when you’re in the mood to shake things up, try one of these unique cocktails.
For the lemongrass-ginger syrup:
- 475g sugar
- 475ml water
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3 ‘thumbs’ fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
For the cocktail:
- 60ml Heavy Water vodka
- 10ml fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml lemongrass-ginger syrup (see above)
- lime slice or a sprig of fresh mint, to garnish
For the lemongrass-ginger syrup, combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes. Cover and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Strain thoroughly and store in a tightly-sealed jar until ready to use.
For the cocktail, combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake for 20 seconds and pour into a rocks glass. Garnish with a lime slice or sprig of fresh mint.
For more on Heavy Water vodka, check out Good Things magazine’s Vodka in glorious HD.