Reimagining the literary salon, Voices At The Table is an At The Table event series run by founder and editor Miranda York in collaboration with poet Anna Sulan Masing and writer Rebecca May Johnson. Each event is a curated evening of readings and performances around food, bringing together an eclectic mix of voices across the literary, performance, and food worlds.
The event aims to bring people together from different industries and backgrounds, revealing stories and memories that encourage us to look at food from a fresh perspective.
The fourth Voices At The Table event will again see a diverse line up. Expect readings from…
• Guardian Cook editor and author Mina Holland
• Award-winning food writer and author based in Rome Rachel Roddy
• Journalist and formidable restaurant critic Marina O’Loughlin
• British food writer and author specialising in Chinese cuisine Fuchsia Dunlop
• Historian, broadcaster and writer Annie Gray
• A specially commissioned piece from author of ‘Strange Heart Beating’ Eli Goldstone
• Poet Laura Yasmin Elliott
• Chef-proprietor of fine dining Chinese restaurant A Wong Andrew Wong, plus more to be confirmed.
Guests will also have the chance to purchase works from the speakers, their recommended reads, and other literature from Peckham’s independent bookstore, the Review Bookshop. For more information, please visit At The Table and sign up to the newsletter.
Make it happen
Tickets: £18 each for seated and standing tickets for £10 each. See here to book
When: Thursday 5th October. The evening starts at 6.30pm with Champagne and includes delicious canapés and wine throughout the evening courtesy of Fortnum & Mason.
Where: The Drawing Room located in Fortnum & Mason Piccadilly just off the famed Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon (181 Piccadilly, London, W1A 1ER).